    thing where instead it essentially confirms the theory that the PS3 is a
    bugger to program for. No point in having all that power if noone can
    actually use it!

    Unmutual, Dec 29, 2006

  2. AirRaid Mach 2.5

    Tom Guest

    Yes, that is correct, Branden posted an article regarding Japanese sales
    only. I don't think he realized what the data demographics were. But, if the
    PS3 got as many to the shelves before Xmas as reported, then they will have
    out sold the 360 during its first two months by a very good figure. Now,
    that isn't saying much because MS had big trouble producing them enough to
    keep up for almost the first 4 months. Sony looks like it may be doing
    better at getting the production up for the same period.

    Tom, Dec 29, 2006

  3. Sammy Muttonhead "unimpressively" said:
    And by various devs you mean Xbox devs or Multi devs like EA right?

    Same thing happened last generation. I told all you dumbfucks that the
    PS2 was more powerful than the Xbox in a few areas yet no one listened.
    But companies like Konami and Criterion also pointed out exactly what I
    said and they proved it with games. (MGS2 still doesn't run worth shit
    on Xbox and GT4 not only still looks better than any racing game Xbox
    will ever have, it's 60fps @ 1080i)

    Now there is no way the PS2 could do many of the exclusive Xbox games.
    They are using pixel shaders and high quailty textures for things like
    normal mapping which requires a lot of gpu intensive math. I'm not
    saying the PS2 is more powerful than the Xbox overall, I'm just saying
    it iS more powerful in a few areas. It's framebuffer and fillrate not
    to mention floating point math hardware helps out a bit too!

    Please listen to me this time and don't make a fool of yourself again.

    Both consoles will have strengths over the other. This time around the
    Xbox360 has the framebuffer and possibly fillrate advantage, but it
    lacks in just about every other area.

    (As if the Xbox360 could pull off resistance or motorstorm... lol)

    Mr. Impressive, Dec 29, 2006
  4. AirRaid Mach 2.5

    Tom Guest

    You may have some validity to what I snipped, but there are debates abound
    that would counter you, it doesn't matter to me, I like what I like. But,
    seeing your parenthesized remark, I am amiss why you think resistance is
    anything that the 360 couldn't pull off? I saw the game played at a friend's
    place, and it looked just slightly better than COD2 when it was the premier
    launch title for the 360 release. The AI was crappy with enemies just
    running at you while you are going through a fairly narrow path.

    As far as graphics, GRAW, Oblivion, COD3, and especially GOW makes RFOM look
    rather ordinary. Sad too, because that was supposed to be the killer app for
    the PS3; it hardly looks killer and disappointing considering the hype
    behind that game. Now what games will look like in the future for the PS3,
    remains to be seen, but I am sure they will get real nice.

    Tom, Dec 29, 2006
  5. AirRaid Mach 2.5

    Tomcat (Tom) Guest

    Shouldn't you be commenting "as if the PS3 could pull off GOW"

    Tomcat (Tom), Dec 29, 2006
  6. AirRaid Mach 2.5

    Dub Guest

    You've said way too many dumb and uninformed things here on Usenet for
    anyone to take you seriously.

    Dub, Dec 29, 2006
  7. AirRaid Mach 2.5

    Jonah Falcon Guest

    Yes, but price HAS. How much did the Neo*Geo cost again?

    Jonah Falcon, Dec 29, 2006
  8. Yes, that's right. Japanese sales only.

    Hank the Rapper, Dec 29, 2006
  9. AirRaid Mach 2.5

    Paul Heslop Guest

    wasn't my post... and that was a machine I could only wonder why
    people would spend that kind of money

    Paul Heslop, Dec 29, 2006
  10. AirRaid Mach 2.5

    spaceman Guest

    actually that's not true. no one has proven shit with that shitty hardware,
    and the vast majority of xbox games look better than ps2 games and always
    will. mgs doesn't run as smooth on the xbox because it wasn't optimized for
    it. and no, gt4 doesn't look as good as forza. it's getting old having to
    listen to you people cling to that notion, when i have both games and i'm
    able to run them side by side in the same room on identical displays. also,
    gt4's fake 1080i looks like shit, even compared to true 480p.
    numbers aren't shit, and we all know how sony construes numbers. the games
    are what are important, and the games clearly show the xbox being superior,
    and that numbers don't mean shit.

    you must be joking.... get over it. sony basically lost the hardware war
    again. the 360 has proven so far that their games have more visual impact
    whether it's textures, color depth or framerate, and every developer will
    tell you that the hardware is all around much more balanced. for fucks sake
    don't go another generation trying to hold onto something that isn't there.
    just be happy that you have a ps3 and let us xbox owners have the
    satisfaction of knowing our games will yet again be slightly better than
    yours.

    spaceman, Dec 29, 2006
  11. Forza on Xbox1 looks better than GT4 because Forza runs at 30fps
    whereas GT4 (and GT3) run at 60fps. i would take the 60fps racer over
    the 30fps racer any day. that said, Forza2
    on Xbox360 is running at 60fps. so it should compete nicely with GT: HD

    AirRaid Mach 2.5, Dec 29, 2006
  12. AirRaid Mach 2.5

    TheGame Guest

    Aye, so thats why multiplatform games are superior on 360...

    TheGame, Dec 29, 2006
  13. Mr. Unmpressive bleated:
    John Carmack, Mark Rein, neither of which are XBOX only devs.

    No it didn't.
    I told all you dumbfucks that the
    The PS2 was more powerful for floating point. That's about that.
    Ypou have not proven a thing.
    No they havent. You just posted pre-rendered non-in game artwork to
    prove a point and failed.
    Not 1080i true, and lacks the level of detail in Forza.
    So why do the games fail to look as impressive? Why is the best the PS2
    can do so far behind what the best is on the XBOX? DING! You fail
    AGAIN!
    Ever heard of Peter and the Wolf?
    Oh, really?
    HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAAHAH!!!!!!

    Sammus McMouldenus, Dec 30, 2006
  14. I get Google alert emails for certain subjects, PS3 being one of them. It
    was one of the few headlines talking about sales. I found it interesting
    that Blig hadn't seen it yet and posted it to holy hell, so I used it.

    I spend more time playing games than on here now that I've gotten a PS3.

    Brenden D. Chase, Dec 30, 2006
  15. To be honest i didnt notice the "japan only" of the figures. I only posted
    it as a joke, I wasnt trying to troll it. I didnt even read the article. (i
    have now) I read the headline during my morning email routine, and when i
    came across Android's post, i throught it in there blindly. I gladly
    retract.

    Brenden D. Chase, Dec 30, 2006
  16. Mind fetching me a link for this dumping of consoles?? And what makes you
    think its not just those Ebaying idiots trying to get their monies back??

    Brenden D. Chase, Dec 30, 2006
  17. Good for you. Shame your PS2 didn't provide you with much entertainment
    before, I just hope the PS3 doesn't go the same way :)

    Sammus McMouldenus, Dec 30, 2006
  18. I did earlier, and how exactly are they getting their monies back by
    exchanging for a Wii?

    Sammus McMouldenus, Dec 30, 2006
  19. AirRaid Mach 2.5

    spaceman, Dec 30, 2006
  20. How about that maybe the PS4 really isn't coming in 2011-2012, and that the
    PS3 will be around for quite some time longer that the typical console
    lifecycle. After all, the focus is "media center" capabilities.

    Brenden D. Chase, Dec 30, 2006