    competing with the DS which has handily outsold it every year. In
    fact, the DS more than doubled the PSP's sales every year starting
    2006 and more than tripled the PSP's sales in 2009.

    The alMIGHTY N, Dec 21, 2010

  2. I think your confidence that the PlayStation 3 will get back to
    kicking the Xbox 360's ass in 2011 is potentially misplaced. I'm not
    saying that this definitely won't happen, but I have serious doubts
    that Sony's box can rise back to the level it was at earlier this year
    and all through 2009.

    In 2009, the PlayStation 3 outsold the Xbox 360 by 2.74 million
    worldwide. In 2010, that dropped to 0.82 million.

    Obviously, part of that goes to the Kinect which, if I'm correct,
    won't be much more of a factor as we progress through 2011.

    Another part of that was the introduction of the new 360 design.
    However, the PS3 also enjoyed tremendous success from the introduction
    of their Slim model in 2009 which continued through to the next year
    as well. There's no reason to believe that the same will happen for
    the 360 especially with the lower price point.

    The alMIGHTY N, Dec 27, 2010