PSRAM is SDRAM , but at .00007 amps !

Discussion in 'Embedded' started by werty, Jan 9, 2007.

  1. werty

    werty Guest

    The M 69 AW 024
    2 megaByte DRAM is so low
    power , they did not want to call it DRAM ,
    so they tagged it PSRAM

    All the transistor methods are pulling about same
    milliwatts/megahertz , so CMOS is same as DRAM .

    CMOS at 50Mhz gets hot ! So why not just use DRAM !!
    Besides , 2MegaBytes is impossible ,in CMOS at
    that price and density ...

    Only thing CMOS can do better is holding data at room
    temp , 25C .
    64MByte can be held at several microamps at 2.0vdc .

    Ill be building a ARM-9 PC and i always do stuff better than
    anyone ,so my embedded ARM-9 will boot OpSys from Flash
    to PSRAM and , no need to reboot , but once a week .
    You turn it off and OpSys is held in PSRAM , so it
    takes 0.1 second to boot ...

    werty, Jan 9, 2007

  2. werty

    johnspeth Guest

    Ill be building a ARM-9 PC and i always do stuff better than
    Not so fast, cowboy.

    A project that we just completed and is nearly identical to what you
    described (ARM9 + PSRAM) has enabled us to boot from flash in 50
    milliseconds.

    We do some stuff better than you, always.

    JJS

    johnspeth, Jan 10, 2007