    compatability (other than 20-Pin plug ) ?

    TIA,

    Pete

    BillyPIg, Dec 11, 2007

  2. BillyPIg

    Arno Wagner Guest

    To be safe, make sure that the current ratings on 3.3V, 5V and 12V are
    the same or above the old PSU. You may also need to have -5V, which many
    modern PSUs do not supply any longer. Check the mainboard manual
    for that.

    Arno

    Arno Wagner, Dec 11, 2007

  3. BillyPIg

    Bob Eager Guest

    And make sure that there are enough output cables and sockets of the
    right type for whatever you have installed (not just the motherboard,
    but disks etc.). Or that you are prepared to fit adaptors and/or
    splitters.

    Bob Eager, Dec 11, 2007
  4. BillyPIg

    BillyPIg Guest

    Bob, Arno,

    Thanks for the advice - just what I needed.

    Pete

    BillyPIg, Dec 12, 2007
  5. BillyPIg

    Arno Wagner Guest

    [/QUOTE]
    Good point.

    Arno

    Arno Wagner, Dec 12, 2007
  6. BillyPIg

    Arno Wagner Guest

    You are welcome.

    Arno

    Arno Wagner, Dec 12, 2007
  7. BillyPIg

    Joey Guest

    You may also need to have -5V, which many
    This certainly seems to be the case: After much searching, I finally settled
    upon a Jeantech 350W PSU, because it was one of the few I found that did
    support -5V. Alas, they appear to have updated the model; the one in the
    shop did not have a -5V output. Back to google.

    Pete

    Joey, Dec 13, 2007