    Anybody else had any problems with Antec TruePower supplies, or any other PSU problems? I've had two Truepower 420s blow after two weeks each, I ran for longer than that with an Antec 300, but I need more juice soon. I must say however, (please Murphy, don't kill my mobo!) that neither time did it take out my mobo. Googled it and got 45 hits, each thread I looked at had secondary references as well. Antec is supposed to make some of the best out there I thought.
    Ordering a Vantec VAN-420A this am.

    Rick

    Rick Mullaney, Mar 6, 2004

  2. DUH!!!!

    Gigabyte GA-8KNXP, Intel 875P,
    Pentium 4, 3.0 gb, 800 mHz FSB, HT,
    2x512 OCZ PC3200EL,
    ATI Radeon 9200, 128MB,
    RealTech ALC658 UAJ CODEC onboard Audio,
    Antec TruePower 430 watt PS
    PVR-350, WinTV PCI
    Seagate 80gb FAT32,160gb NFTS
    WinXP Pro

    SORRRYYYYY

    Rick the Adled!

    Rick Mullaney, Mar 6, 2004

  3. I'm using the same TruePower 430 here for the last 6 months running 24/7
    with no problems at all

    GA-8KNXP
    3.2Ghz
    Zalman CNPS7000A-Cu HSF
    2gig DDR400 ram running in Dual-Channel mode
    GeForce 5900Ultra
    Plextor 52x CD burner
    Plextor 8x DVD Burner
    2-WD 36gig Raptor SATA drives in RAID 0
    2-Seagate 160gig SATA drives in RAID 0
    Audigy2 Platinum
    WinXp Pro
    2-80mm front case fans
    2-80mm rear case fans
    1-120mm side case fan
    etc
    etc

    Timothy Drouillard, Mar 6, 2004
  4. Tim,

    Thanks, tells me it's probably not the mobo either! Been using the same power line set up for years. All my perihps are plugged into one bus bar,monitor, printer, computer, ADA-305 sub, that's it, 7 year old wiring job, professionally done. Right now I have an Antec 300 running this machine & the power rails are tighter than the 420. I DID buy the 420 at BestBuy & the first was not the same as the second, didn't have the SATA plugs, sometimes manufacturers sell sub par merchandise to the discount places, I wouldn't think someone with Antec's rep would tho. Anyhow... Thanks for your input. I am actually more relieved for it. I'm not so afraid to turn the thing on now!

    Rick

    Rick Mullaney, Mar 6, 2004