    akuma Guest

    Anyone know how to pump more volts to video ram to acheive higher ram
    speeds?

    akuma, Sep 9, 2003

  2. akuma

    Lenny Guest

    It's not worth the bother. Any performance increase you'll gain will be in
    the single digit figures, probably low single digit. Basically all you'll do
    is risk ruining your hardware by soldering on it and make it run hotter,
    thus less reliably and wearing out faster.

    Lenny, Sep 9, 2003

  3. akuma

    Tim Draper Guest

    it's in the bios. although, you might not have agp voltage as an option.

    for me, raising agp volts did nothing for O/Cing. but then i am running a
    budget ti4200 - get what you pay for.

    tim

    Tim Draper, Sep 10, 2003
  4. akuma

    Lenny Guest

    AGP voltage only bumps voltage on the *signalling lines* between your
    chipset and GPU. This means bump it too much and your graphics card will
    fry. It doesn't affect the supply voltage to either the GPU itself or
    on-board GPU memory, to accomplish this you have to physically modify the
    voltage regulators on the graphics card itself with some resistors and
    soldering.
    Naturally not, since it would have nothing to do with memory performance...
    ;)

    If you overclocked your motherboard it might help a bit, but it might just
    as well introduce as much or even more instability as it fixes.

    Lenny, Sep 10, 2003
  5. akuma

    PRIVATE1964 Guest

    card itself with some resistors and
    Most people think that's the supply voltage for the GPU and the memory, but
    it's really not. If the graphic cards did not have their own power supply
    circuits they would be a lot smaller then they are.

    You need to find a voltage mod that is for your graphic card. The power
    circuits for all graphic cards are different.

    I did a volt mod on a Geforce 4, 4200 and ruined it. Not because of the mod but
    because I didn't play it safe enough. I did see quite a bit of benefit in the
    mod before the card was ruined. If you do any voltage mods, always have a
    series resistor in the circuit so you can never set the voltage too low by
    accident, which is where I went wrong.

    I did another mod on an Albatron 4680, 4200 and still have the mod wires
    attached. I didn't see any overclock benefit even as I watched the voltage
    going up with a multi meter on the ram. The circuit for this card is slightly
    different then a regular 4200 so maybe thats why.

    PRIVATE1964, Sep 10, 2003