    Can the Pundit handle disks over 137Gb with the standard built in ATA
    controller?

    Thanks In Advance

    Rob, Apr 1, 2004

  2. Rob

    KCB Guest

    What exactly is a pundit?

    KCB, Apr 1, 2004

  3. Rob

    Guardian Guest

    Guardian, Apr 2, 2004
  4. Rob

    Tim Guest

    The mobo is a P4S8L - not familiar with it. The details on Pundit are here:

    http://www.asus.com/prog/spec.asp?m=Pundit&langs=01

    Chipset is SIS 651/962, so that will be a major factor.

    The manual is available here:

    http://www.asus.com.tw/support/download/item.aspx?ModelName=Pundit

    I suspect the answer will be in the manual.

    Failing that, I don't see any reason why, so long as you have Windows XP SP1
    installed, you can't have the biggest disc drives available installed. You
    may need to update the bios.... Check with your supplier and get them to
    plug one in to confirm the bios sees the full size.

    - Tim

    Tim, Apr 2, 2004
  5. Rob

    Clas Mehus Guest

    From what I remember, the SiS962-chip has ATA/133-support, and that
    48-bit LBA is a part of Maxtor's specs on ATA/133. Will anyway be very
    strange if such a new system don't have 48-bit LBA-support, so I don't
    think this should be a issue.

    Clas Mehus, Apr 3, 2004