    Can the stock fans be replaced with silent ones?

    regards
    Paul

    Paul Hutchings, May 30, 2004

  2. Paul Hutchings

    Adam S Guest

    I have a Pundit system, it is very quiet in operation, I see no need to
    replace the standard HSF on mine. The hot air is ducted through some holes
    in the side of the case so the hot air never gets to accumulate in the box,
    if you were to change the CPU fan arrangement you may loose the direct
    extraction.

    The lack of AGP slot does limit you in the choice of graphic cards if you
    don't want to use the onboard stuff.

    My system is basically used as a jukebox with MusicMatch. I am using the
    onboard sound, which isn't too bad, feeding into my hi-fi. The onboard
    graphics are fine for what I am using it for. Quite often the only
    indication the box is on is the blue LED rather than the whir of a fan.

    I have built Shuttle boxes too, you do get the option of AGP with them,
    although in my experience they do tend to be noisier than the Pundit, and as
    you say, the Pundit looks more discrete with everything hidden away.

    Adam S

    Adam S, May 31, 2004