    over, what is the earliest MacOS that will support the G4's "Big
    Drive" (120+ Gig )HDs on that G3? Also, will the G4's 512 & 128 Meg
    RAM chips work in it? Anyone knows?

    George, Oct 28, 2004

  2. Yep, This G3 cannot die !
    RAM :
    Will work (At least it is working here with Panther server) : My BW G3
    (350) has 2*128MB (Also tried with 256 MB, and it was working) from a
    G4 (PC133). I tried with a 512MB (noname RAM) but it did not work (You
    may have more luck !)
    Apple says that that maximum RAM is 4*256MB (It should be at least PC 100).

    DISK :
    G3 will not (natively) recognize disk over 128MB. For over 128MB
    support , you'll need :
    - OS9.
    - Third party controller card.
    - Drivers (Speedtools).

    For more informations, you can try here (They have many reports about
    hardware compatibility)
    <http://www.xlr8yourmac.com/>
    All informations are from real users, trying real hardware.

    Bruno Gaufier, Oct 29, 2004