PVR scheduled recordings - 'next' date wrong! Anyone else with this problem?

Discussion in 'ATI' started by David, Apr 5, 2004.

  1. David

    David Guest

    I have used the PVR (Personal Video Recorder) with my ATI Radeon 9000 Pro on
    my Dell for several months with no problem. I regular record a TV show on
    Sunday morning at 9am, and it has worked fine for me...until now.

    I noticed for the last week or two that my show wasn't being recorded. I
    first thought this was due to me leaving Windows Media Player open (if it is
    open, the tuner will NOT start properly, and no recordings can happen).
    However tonight I discovered the reason why:

    -- the software says that the next record date is 11/04/2004!!

    That is what it says, even tho it is set to a weekly record (and my computer
    clock is accurate).

    I went in and played around with the weekly scheduled recording...even
    deleting the event and starting a new, but still the same problems. I would
    try different days of the week and would get different start times:
    9/04/2004, 10/04/2004, etc. (I did notice they all had todays date (4) as
    the next day, but anyway...)

    I even tried a One Time Record -- I set it to record on 4/11/2004 and it
    came back stating the next record date was 11/04/2004!

    The PVR scheduling software is obviously very buggy. Anyone else with this
    problem? I see Catalyst 4.3 is available...would that help me any? It's
    rather large for a dialup download. I don't recall what all that covers
    (just drivers??)

    Thank you,
    Dave

    David, Apr 5, 2004

  2. David

    John Lewis Guest

    See the Release Notes for Cat 4.3

    John Lewis

    John Lewis, Apr 5, 2004

  3. David

    JAD Guest

    do you have any 'time sync' software running in the background?
    so your saying that:
    The system clock says, lets say 04/04/2004 10:00 am and when you set
    the next record time it changes to the same time everytime 11/04/2004?
    and the system clock is unchanged? When does the change take place?
    After closing the window and reopening? Is there a 'format' setting
    for the clock output.e.g. UK or AUSI are backwards of US
    Did daylight savings time mess you up?

    JAD, Apr 5, 2004
  4. David

    David Guest

    I do not know where to find the release notes for Catylst 4.3?

    David, Apr 8, 2004
  5. David

    David Guest

    sometimes, depending on the day selected, it will be 11/04/04, or 10/04/04
    or 9/04/04. One time it was 5/04/04. It changed based on my day
    selected...just strange.
    clock changed for DST

    Someone suggested seeing the release notes for Catalyst 4.3 (implying it was
    a known problem??), but I don't know where to find that. If I download
    Catalyst 4.4 maybe that will solve my problems....?

    dave

    David, Apr 8, 2004
  6. David

    David Guest

    I found the problem:

    The displayed date is in European format. That is, it's day/month/year
    instead of month/day/year. So, 11/04/2004 is actually April 11, 2004 (not
    Nov 4), which would be correct!

    Now as to WHY it wasn't recording, I can only presume I had left Windows
    Media Player open the night before and thus it didn't record. (If WMP is
    open and the last thing played on it was a video - mpg, avi, etc. - then the
    TV program can not start, and the program will not be recorded.)

    Cheers
    Dave

    David, Apr 18, 2004