[Q] about null cable and file tranfers.

Discussion in 'PC Hardware' started by Jack Hunter, Jul 18, 2003.

  1. Jack Hunter

    Jack Hunter Guest

    Jack Hunter, Jul 18, 2003

  2. Jack Hunter

    Bob Eager Guest

    You could start by saying what is running on each PC. Windows? Linux?
    FreeBSD? BeOS? DOS? What version?

    Null serial cables? Null parallel cables?

    Bob Eager, Jul 18, 2003

  3. Jack Hunter

    Jack Hunter Guest

    Jack Hunter, Jul 18, 2003
  4. Have you considered going to ethernet instead? Transferring files by serial
    cable is going to be *very* slow (~115 kbaud) compared to a cheap ethernet
    connection (~100 Mbaud).

    Anyhow, plug the null modem cable into both machines, run Hyperterminal (or
    whatever) on both, and follow the prompts for Zmodem transfer.

    - Mike

    Michael Pender, Jul 20, 2003