    i have an abit kg7 with a gf4ti4200 from inno3d under win98se

    what should i do ?

    John

    RICARD Jean, Feb 18, 2004

  2. RICARD Jean

    billy_bat Guest

    1x??? May I ask why?

    billy_bat, Feb 18, 2004

  3. RICARD Jean

    Lee Guest

    I think if i remember the KG7 agp throughput speed can be altered in the
    bios probably under 'Advanced Chipset' don't know if you can go down to 1x
    though 2x yes. You could goto www.guru3d.com and download a util called
    "Geforce Tweaker" this allows you to alter the throughput speed too.

    Lee, Feb 18, 2004
  4. RICARD Jean

    raj Guest

    why would you switch to agp 1x? maybe your confused or is this a typo? why
    would you want less proformace? sorry to ask a question with a question but
    it confuese me !?

    raj, Feb 18, 2004
  5. RICARD Jean

    Dark Avenger Guest

    Easy, replace the motherboard with an AGP 1x motherboard!

    Dark Avenger, Feb 19, 2004
  6. RICARD Jean

    RICARD Jean Guest

    Hi
    it's simple
    I have a inno3d geforce4ti4200 card
    I'm under win98se
    I have a friend who has exactly the same computer with xp
    games are often crashing on our computer
    once, he put agp1x with 'nvhardpage' from guru3d
    and everything runs fine now
    but the option doesn't work with win98se
    so i'd ask how

    Thanks all
    I'll get this geforce tweak utility

    by

    John

    RICARD Jean, Feb 19, 2004
  7. RICARD Jean

    Bora Ugurlu Guest

    Am 18 Feb 2004 16:59:10 -0800, (Dark Avenger)
    schrieb:
    ... and see your graphics card die a painful death, taking out the
    mainboard with it.. :)

    Bora Ugurlu, Feb 19, 2004
  8. RICARD Jean

    Dark Avenger Guest

    Hehe, well if he wants AGP 1x... he can get it! I might still have
    that BX440 chipset here somewhere!

    Dark Avenger, Feb 19, 2004
  9. RICARD Jean

    ~misfit~ Guest

    Only if the voltage is changed to 1x spec as well as the transfer rate.

    ~misfit~, Feb 19, 2004
  10. RICARD Jean

    Darthy Guest

    Why? You obviously have other problems...

    I ran Win98 and/or WinXP with my Ti4200 - on an AGP 4x and 8x board,
    and always in 4x mode of the card... no problems.

    No utility...

    Perhaps... a crappy card or cappy mobo.

    Darthy, Feb 20, 2004
  11. RICARD Jean

    Spajky® Guest

    I do not know what you wanna to achieve, but here is the trick if you
    really wanna do it! (copy/paste those down lines to Notepad, save it &
    change extension to *.reg & than import it with double click:

    REGEDIT4

    [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\NVIDIA Corporation\System]
    "EnableIronGate1X"=dword:00000001

    (the last line is empty!)
    .... your texture transfer rate will be limited @ 66MHz Agp clock
    (default) to 256Mb/sec.

    if you have problems later, just delete that Dword key ...
    (similar trick I used when OC-ing my Agp bus to 90MHz on my site...)

    .... how things can be simple if you know how to ... :))

    -- Regards, SPAJKY ®
    E-mail AntiSpam: remove ##

    Spajky®, Feb 20, 2004