Q :Help !!! impossible to enter bios in Tosh Satellite 5500

Discussion in 'Laptops' started by Frank, Jun 24, 2004.

  1. Frank

    Frank Guest

    Hi,

    Could you help me please ?

    A friend's laptop toshiba satellite 5500 doesn't boot on HD win XP, either
    in safe mode.

    Switching it on with ESC hold, I have a scrren : "Press F1". I was sure that
    later on I will enter the biso setup !!
    No : after F1, the laptop is trying to launch XP from the HD and nothing
    else.

    I tried several keys at startup : Ctrl ESC, CTRL S, F2, F10, Del : --> no
    way to access the setup screen.

    Please help !
    TIA

    Frank, Jun 24, 2004

  2. I checked the Toshiba support site - the 5500 isn't listed.

    Michael Rainey, Jun 25, 2004

  3. Frank

    M. MacDonald Guest

    Having owned a 5005 (past tense modem died and screen got darker), you
    aren't able to access the bios. If you did a bios update from the Toshiba
    site, your installation/repair CD's with XP won't work again either. Nice!

    Someone posted a way to reuse the repair CD t again install the XP Home
    edition. Don't have the link though.

    Mack

    M. MacDonald, Jun 25, 2004