    the functioning 5,25" drive together with a replacement drive of 3,5".
    I have already read 5fd0010a.pdf from the TEAC website (especially
    pages 1 and 21f) but can't figure out the jumper settings for this.

    robertzierer, Oct 13, 2005

  2. robertzierer

    kony Guest

    Based on the following two posts, I'd try taking both
    jumpers off, leaving them off of the left-hand column.

    http://www.eio.com/public/floppdrv/0093.html
    http://support.dell.com/support/edocs/dta/37030/00000005.htm

    However, since a normal floppy cable determines drive role
    by the twist in it, you may have to jockey the positions of
    the two drives (the half-disabled drive being one, and the
    separate new drive being drive two) on the cable, or jumper
    the right-hand column for slave if the cable position
    requires it, but still not jumpering the left-hand column at
    all (if the posts linked and my interpretation of them is
    correct).

    kony, Oct 13, 2005

  3. robertzierer

    robertzierer Guest

    I'll try it.
    No problem as the mainboards BIOS has a switch for doing that like in
    the cable.

    Thanks.

    robertzierer, Nov 3, 2005