Q: KT6 Delta FIS2R motherboard (MS-6590) -- Unknown PS/2 BIOS error message?!

Discussion in 'MSI' started by Mr. X, Jul 24, 2004.

  1. Mr. X

    Mr. X Guest

    Hi.

    Problem with KT6 Delta FIS2R motherboard (m/n: MS-6590, PCB 2.0, BIOS
    v5.5)

    Ever since I upgraded to BIOS v5.5 from v5.4, I've been getting a POST
    error when I boot:

    "PS2 Mouse connected incorrectly.

    If you have built SATA Raid array previously
    go to "P20378 SATA Controller" set as Raid"

    a) I don't have any RAID arrays on this machine.
    b) I have a USB and a PS/2 mouse (I used the PS/2 when my wireless USB
    needs recharging)
    c) I tried all possible option tweaks in the BIOS -- no effect
    d) I ever reverted to BIOS v5.0 (the original) -- no effect

    It's not a big disaster, I mean, once I press F1, the system boots
    normally and I have no further problems, but it means I have to be
    there when the system (re)boots. Also, I have XP (pro) set to
    auto-reboot after a blue screen. Granted, this doesn't happen often,
    but my services won't start then.

    I contacted MSI about this and never got a reply (nice support!).

    Anyone here seen this happen?

    Thanks.
    M.T.

    Mr. X, Jul 24, 2004

  2. Mr. X

    neopolaris Guest

    Does it still do it if you change the stop on " no errors"? 1st page of the
    bios.

    neopolaris, Jul 24, 2004