    A disk in a 6-way RAID 5 stirpe is logging fatal read/write errors in
    the System event log. The controller has not failed the disk, is there
    threshold for it to so or will I have to manually the fail the disk?

    japeters, Nov 18, 2005

  2. japeters

    japeters Guest

    Automatic recovery of array now fails with the replacement disk. SCSI
    backplane has been also been swapped out. ADU is reporting 4 of 6 disks
    with errors but again the controller has not failed any of them.

    Next swap is the 6i controller.

    japeters, Dec 1, 2005

  3. japeters

    japeters Guest

    Motherboard swap did not have the desired effect. Automatic recovery
    stills fails due errors on disk 1.

    Needless to say I am bit concerned about the ability of the 6i
    controller to detect errors and fail drives.

    The only errors logged thus far have been from Win 2k Server during
    boot. Initially only disk 5 reported errors until swapped out for
    recovery which to date has fails. Errors are now reported on disk 1.

    japeters, Dec 5, 2005