Q: Quiet Cooler for 2600+ on A7N8X Deluxe?

Discussion in 'Asus' started by Eyman, Jul 7, 2003.

  1. Eyman

    Eyman Guest

    Hi,

    Ive got an Athlon 2600+ on my A7N8X Deluxe board currently being cooled by a
    Thermaltake Volcanoe 6Cu.

    Because the computer is on all the time my wifes complaining about the noise
    generated by this heatsink.

    Ive got a stock AMD cooler that came with the CPU and am thinking about
    buying a Vantec Aeroflow.

    I dont really want to water cool or use one of those Zalman heatsink fans.

    Can anyone suggest a quiet heatsink fan?

    Thanks in advance.

    Eyman

    Eyman, Jul 7, 2003

  2. Eyman

    jvc23 Guest

    I am happy with my vantec aeroflow. My case fans are the noise culprits
    now. The CPU fan is pretty quiet.

    jvc23, Jul 7, 2003

  3. Eyman

    Ed_ Guest

    Divorce her.

    Ed

    Ed_, Jul 7, 2003
  4. The GlobalWin CBK-II 58 is quiet (I've got one in the PC in my living
    room), and it's rated (conservatively, I hope) for an Athlon XP 2700+.

    (There are higher rated fans in the series (e.g. CBK-II 68, CAK-II 68),
    but I can't personally vouch for how quiet they are. GlobalWin's site
    <http://www.globalwin.com.tw/products/cooler/k7/index.html> is confused
    on this point, describing the CBK-II 68 as "Silent (31 +-2dBA)" and the
    CAK-II 68 as "Noisy (31 +-2dBA)"! I imagine it is the second entry that
    is mistaken; I've notified them of the error.)

    Angus Rodgers, Jul 7, 2003
  5. i had allmost the same setup.....i got a mist silent twin....is is very
    quit..u cant hear it running

    Lasse

    Lasse Lundberg, Jul 7, 2003
  6. Eyman

    Nom Guest

    Seconded - the Vantec Aeroflow is excellent.

    Nom, Jul 7, 2003
  7. Eyman

    Clive Lumb Guest

    And if you activate Q-Fan in the bios it is even quieter

    Clive Lumb, Jul 7, 2003
  8. Eyman

    Storm Guest

    Just get a Thermalright 800 or 900 and put any fan you want on it. With a
    21db fan it will cool your system very well.

    Storm, Jul 11, 2003
  9. Eyman

    stanmc Guest

    stanmc, Jul 11, 2003