    but I have to work for a living...

    Thanks

    Redbrick...who Loves his CLK

    redbrick, Mar 1, 2005

  2. redbrick

    Paul Guest

    http://www.xbitlabs.com/articles/mainboards/print/asus-p4p800s.html

    "The i848P is 9% slower than the dual-channel chipsets in Quake 3
    and 4% slower in Unreal Tournament 2003 and Serious Sam: The
    Second Encounter. You should note however that I ran the tests in
    low resolution modes to make sure that the CPU-memory bus is loaded
    really heavily. In real conditions, it is the graphics subsystem
    that bears the main workload in 3D games, and the results shown by
    different mainboards won¹t differ greatly."

    Too bad they removed all the graphs - they don't load for me, and
    none of the archives I know of, have a good copy.

    Paul

    Paul, Mar 1, 2005