Qs about Aspire 4400 desktop

Discussion in 'Acer' started by Rich Early, May 29, 2007.

  1. Rich Early

    Rich Early Guest

    Hi All.

    I just got an Aspire 440 desktop with Vista Home Premium and am trying it
    out. I like it pretty much so far.

    A few comments and questions:

    Comments. The power switch is WAY too sensitive. Also, watch out plugging
    speakers or headphones into the front panel connecter. If it's dark and you
    accidentally touch the miniRCA plug from the headphones to one of the USB
    sockets, something shorts and the machine reboots.

    Anyway, on to questions:

    1. There's a D: drive of 145 gig, but properties tells me that only 98 megs
    are used. Is this where Acer keeps the emergency recovery stuff, and is it
    really a lot bigger than 98 meg? I've tried various ways of seeing what's
    there, but nothing works so far. I was wondering if it'd be ok to install
    XP pro here and use it as a dual boot, but if it's full of recovery stuff I
    probly won't.

    2. Is there a quick and easy way to turn off the Acer stuff that loads on
    startup? I finally got thru to the startup group and was ablr to get rid of
    the Empowering Technology stuff, but I'm wondering about the other stuff in
    msconfig startup. Anyone know what all that stuff is? there's one line
    that's in Chinese or Korean characters, and I have no idea what it is.

    3. Is there a good support site for this machine somewhere?

    That's it for now!

    Thanks!

    Reply here or by email would be great.

    Rich ()