QSI SBW-242 CD-RW/DVD reader in laptop Problem

Discussion in 'Acer' started by Rackie, Jan 5, 2004.

  1. Rackie

    Rackie Guest

    I have an Acer Travelmate 433LC with a QSI SBW-242 CD-RW/DVD in it.
    Recently I purchased a USB Sony DVD writer. When I put a DVD+R that
    I burnt into to the QSI, it bangs and thrashes for about 15
    seconds..Seems like it has trouble mounting it. Secondly the QSI does
    not see multisessions of a DVD. It only see's the first session.
    The QSI has firmware UX08. The DVD's I burnt are OK and work
    well in other systems..no problems mounting them except in the QSI.
    Wondering if anyone has experienced this same problem?

    Also does anyone know where to get firmware to update the QSI?
    QSI website does not offer firmware and there is nothing at the
    Acer site either. I've searched the net and found other SBW-242 users
    who said they have firmware UX11. I guess it came in their drive when
    they got it. Also Dell has some firmware updates but I am reluctant
    to try one of them.

    Any info appreciated.

    Rackie, Jan 5, 2004