Quadro NVS 400 - Supported Resolutions in XP

Discussion in 'Nvidia' started by dmcglynn, Apr 12, 2006.

  1. dmcglynn

    dmcglynn Guest

    Hello..

    I'm looking to purchase two Quadro NVS 400 cards, and want to run 8
    1440x900 Native Acer LCD displays. All the searching I've done is
    telling me that the NVS 400 card doesn't support any "wide"
    resolutions. I'm looking at this page:

    http://h18000.www1.hp.com/products/quickspecs/11410_na/11410_na.HTML

    However looking at the following thread:

    http://groups.google.com/group/alt....olution++xp+lcd&rnum=1&hl=en#4b361086706ce9ed
    I see that a similar NVS-series card does support it. Do these card
    actually support the WIDE resolutions that wide LCD displays use? Is it
    a function of the NVidia driver?

    Any help would be greatly appreciated!
    -Dave

    dmcglynn, Apr 12, 2006

  2. dmcglynn

    deimos Guest

    From what I've seen, if you can't add a custom resolution, you have to
    find out the next closest resolution it can do and use that. Often guys
    with plasmas and needing 13xx*7xx resolutions run into this -- like 1360
    instead of 1366 and sometimes a black board of small size.

    Just looking at my own control panel, I'm able to add 1440x900 and
    display it on a 19" CRT supporting a max of 1920x1440 with my 6600GT.
    So the cards can support it -- whether or not your display accepts the
    signal is another matter.

    When in doubt, add a custom resolution and give it a whirl.

    For reference your Quadro NVS 400 is supposedly a quirky combination of
    _two_ NVS 200/280 cores which are in turn relative to a Geforce 4 MX
    (Quadro 4 == GF4).

    deimos, Apr 14, 2006

  3. dmcglynn

    dmcglynn Guest

    I appreciate the response.. I was asking because I wanted to purchase 8
    displays and wanted to get the wide-screen format.. However since then
    I have reconsidered, and am now going with a normal square screen..

    Thanks for your input!

    dmcglynn, Apr 20, 2006
  4. dmcglynn

    pwald9

    Joined:
    Sep 12, 2006
    Messages:
    1
    Likes Received:
    0
    Hi there.

    I am interested to hear if you got your NVS400's working A-OK. I have been trying to install just the one onto a KR7A-RAID board with the latest drivers etc but have been unable to resovle the screen freezes and blanking. Did you have any such issues and if so, how did you resolve them. I ahve changes resoultions, colour depths, hardware accelerations with no joy. Any help appreciated..

    pwald9, Sep 12, 2006