Quake 4 is out and it's a game like doom 3. And i would say it like doom... hahaha what a joke also

Discussion in 'ATI' started by DDC, Oct 27, 2005.

  1. DDC

    DDC Guest

    DDC, Oct 27, 2005

  2. DDC

    Jeff Ingram Guest

    Here's a hint. Try not writing your entire post in the subject line....

    -jmi-

    Jeff Ingram, Oct 27, 2005

  3. DDC

    First of One Guest

    First of One, Oct 27, 2005
  4. DDC

    Phil Guest

    Some people like to play with other peoples' poop.

    I think ya'll can do without a supporting link.

    -phil

    P.S. I have Quake 4, and I think it's poop.

    Phil, Oct 28, 2005
  5. DDC

    First of One Guest

    Perhaps, but it's the first time I've seen an article referring to the
    "frisbee gun" in Unreal Tournament...
    You are entitled to your opinion.

    First of One, Oct 28, 2005
  6. Perhaps it's time to start saving the pennies for UT2007.
    --

    Julian Richards
    computer "at" richardsuk.f9.co.uk

    www.richardsuk.f9.co.uk
    Website of "Robot Wars" middleweight "Broadsword IV"

    Julian Richards, Oct 28, 2005
  7. You honestly thought the game would be any good? I mean, just look at the
    awful game it's a sequel to! Then look at the pathetic Doom 3...

    Mother Farquhar, Oct 28, 2005
  8. DDC

    Phil Guest

    Of course. It all boils down to taste. For some reason, though, I was
    expecting the multiplayer to not be a clone of Quake3. My mistake.

    -phil

    Phil, Oct 28, 2005
  9. You cynical bastards are way to critical.

    Tony DiMarzio, Oct 28, 2005
  10. DDC

    DDC Guest

    Doom 3 was a good game even if it was build around a story ear 1000
    time. The noly thing that was sad it was it poor redering engine with
    ati card. now that the patch is out... too late no body needs it.

    So for someone that hasn't play doom 3 and what to see whats the video
    in hes machine can do quake 4 could be a good try when it will be
    selled at 5 10 $

    DDC, Oct 29, 2005
  11. DDC

    DDC Guest

    Lol true but honnest. At the introduction we can see some blue fire
    shot that come out of the planet xyz... that is a scene shown in the
    halo game... so it not inovating at all. Also the game is build around
    the engine of doom 3 and i would say that is use too the texture from
    the game too lol.

    anyway it a good shooting game

    DDC, Oct 29, 2005
  12. DDC

    First of One Guest

    In Doom3, the graphics made the game, really. Play in a dark room with
    headphones, it's a PC gaming experience never done before.
    Huh? Poor rendering engine? You mean just slower? It runs fine on my 9800Pro
    on "high quality", no AA. Did you even play the game, or just judge it by
    benchmarks on the web?
    That patch wasn't an enhancement. It fixes a bug with the 4x FSAA
    implementation on X1xxx cards that originally made it slower than 6x FSAA.
    http://www.beyond3d.com/reviews/ati/r520/index.php?p=26

    First of One, Oct 29, 2005
  13. DDC

    murph1012 Guest

    Your either a Quaker or your shit...

    Wolfenstein, Marathon, DOOM & Quake were around way before all the other
    pansy azz first person shooters around nowadays.

    So you missed getting on the first boat, Get over it.

    murph1012, Oct 29, 2005
  14. DDC

    DDC Guest

    Hmmm i've played the doom 3 game and the expantion pack. And i can'T
    recall if there is an other one of doom sort of game. And i've read
    alot about yeakwking and modding the game and i can tel you that Q4
    that is build around the engine of doom 3 and is set for uptimum
    performance. Q4 is interresting some how and it fun to play the
    game... huh!!!

    I can tell you again that i've plled all the F@$# game that are around
    for shooting and racing. So IMO Pariah would be the most exiting game
    played ever on my pc. It is sad that it give me all the time the
    general fault error at a certain point. it depend on how long i've
    play it depend. after that men of valor. battlefield, Colin mc rally
    2005. and the splintersell series, so hot.

    DDC, Oct 29, 2005
  15. DDC

    abc Guest

    eh, Played System shock 2?.
    Doom 3 started out great, but IMHO it degenerated into a gib-fest. Nothing
    wrong with that but it's been done before so many times the effect wears
    off.
    Same here, played well enough.

    abc, Oct 30, 2005
  16. DDC

    abc Guest

    Q4 is growing on me. Didn't like it at first, but it's getting better. Still
    though, the probelm is these types of game have been around a long time.
    Putting a coat of paint ont them and selling them as a new experience only
    works for those who have never played these types of games before. Q2
    singleplayer wasn't much good, the best thing about Q2 was the multiplayer.
    Pariah was fairly mediocre IMHO, the AI wasn't very good - the rocket
    launcher guys would just fire repeatedly into rocks if you were standing on
    the other side, and the the boss near the end would fire his laser over your
    head if you ducked down in front of him. Using vehicles wan't much fun
    either.
    Halo was better alround IMHO.

    I liked the story line though.

    abc, Oct 30, 2005
  17. DDC

    DDC Guest

    Well Pariah might be like you've said but there are some new effect in
    the game that are not likely to be shown in all other shooting game.
    IE: wall and other stuff are crush when a bomb explode or when you
    shoot at a wall or a pier. that is innovation in a game that help me
    feel a little bit more like reality/gaming experience. Fear is a game
    like pariah but the damage cause to the wall or bomb don't stay. so it
    a bit like shooting anyway and never see the interaction of the
    bullet. the only effect shown is she smoke witch is pretty nice when
    you empty your magazine "the munitions" on a particular place.

    there no story there to but like they say in UT2004 "GG"

    DDC, Oct 30, 2005
  18. DDC

    abc Guest

    I forgot about the disintegrating columns etc. in Pariah, yes it was a good
    effect, but whats the point of having good effects it it is let down by bad
    AI? (BTW Bloodrayne had this effect also.)
    Most don't play games to see walls crumble, it's the storyline and overall
    interaction within the game that we remember.

    The only reason damage dissappears in games like FEAR is a resource problem.
    It's a trade off between how good the game will look and how well it will
    run on your average PC. IMHO FEAR has good atmosphere also. At the end of
    the day what will you remember, whether the walls crumbled or how much fun
    the game was to play?

    abc, Oct 31, 2005
  19. DDC

    DDC Guest

    i agree with the first statement of your remark and i see that you
    reach my point of view with the interaction part. The interaction with
    the aI could be better if you set the game to expert or to difficult
    in that game. i always set that to normal. or higher if needed.

    DDC, Nov 1, 2005