  1. OZMAN

    OZMAN Guest

    Is Quake III Arena still an online game that a lot of people still play?

    OZMAN, Aug 19, 2004

  2. OZMAN

    Danny Guest

    Yup.
    Not me, but yup.

    Danny, Aug 19, 2004

  3. OZMAN

    Conor Guest

    Yup. Get a copy of Gamespy3D to find servers though.

    Conor, Aug 19, 2004
  4. OZMAN

    Strychnine Guest

    How about Quake II? I liked it better than 3
    Strychnine

    Strychnine, Aug 19, 2004
  5. OZMAN

    deimos Guest

    Absolutely. The last patch was PR 1.32 and there are tons of active
    mods out there. One of the best is Urban Terror. It just had a pretty
    good update. And lots of people still play Excessive variations by
    using the older 1.17 patch.

    I haven't checked on any of the Team Fortress type mods lately, but just
    download The All Seeing Eye and find which mods have the most servers
    active.

    deimos, Aug 20, 2004
  6. OZMAN

    sTuFf Guest

    It probably is.

    I used to be a massive fan of Unreal Tournament, and so when Quake3 and
    UT2003 (or was it 2002? anyway, the next one from UT) came out if was
    really looking forward to playing them.

    I was disappointed with both Q3 and UT2002/3 because although it looked
    fantastic, i thought there was no realism in the physics of both games. It
    just felt like you were floating round the map, not running.

    sTuFf, Aug 20, 2004
  7. My idiot buddy will agree with you're floating comment of UT but we both
    like Q3.
    Q2 is much better.

    dorkus.erectus, Aug 20, 2004
  8. OZMAN

    sTuFf Guest

    You have an idiot buddy? :p

    sTuFf, Aug 20, 2004
  9. He's an idiot only when he disagrees with me. You must have some too.

    dorkus.erectus, Aug 20, 2004
  10. OZMAN

    Andrew Guest

    Erm, the U in UT does stand for Unreal.

    Andrew, Aug 20, 2004
  11. OZMAN

    sTuFf Guest

    Oh yes. Lots. Bless em. If i wasn't here who would look after them?

    sTuFf, Aug 20, 2004
  12. OZMAN

    sTuFf Guest

    I know that man, but "Unreal" doesn't apply to the feel of the game, "Unreal
    Tournament" is an extension of the game "Unreal" so where does that mean
    that players should glide when they're supposed to be running?

    sTuFf, Aug 20, 2004