    Any links or tips would be helpful.

    Regards,
    s.subbarayan

    ssubbarayan, Sep 19, 2008

  2. Maybe this could help
    http://www.linux-mtd.infradead.org/doc/jffs2.html

    jbe

    Juergen Beisert, Sep 19, 2008

  3. ssubbarayan

    FreeRTOS.org Guest

    Maybe the customer did not ask the right people then?

    See
    http://elm-chan.org/fsw/ff/00index_e.html

    --
    Regards,
    Richard.

    + http://www.FreeRTOS.org & http://www.FreeRTOS.org/shop
    17 official architecture ports, more than 6000 downloads per month.

    + http://www.SafeRTOS.com
    Certified by TÜV as meeting the requirements for safety related systems.

    FreeRTOS.org, Sep 19, 2008
  4. ssubbarayan

    LittleAlex Guest

    My google search returned 3,400,000 hits for flash file system. (in
    0.23 seconds)

    The basics was the very first hit, and it is very relevant...

    I have to agree with 'FreeRTOS.org' when he says "the customer did not
    ask the right people then".

    LittleAlex, Sep 19, 2008
  5. ssubbarayan

    ssubbarayan Guest

    Hi,
    While I agree that we are new to this,fact to be accepted not everyone
    will know everything the first time they encounter.Are you people sure
    you have not encountered such new requirements you are not aware of?
    Please avoid passing derogatory remarks.It kills the spirit of this
    group.

    Regards,
    s.subbarayan

    ssubbarayan, Sep 20, 2008
  6. ssubbarayan

    JE Guest

    4 or 5 years ago when I was asked to do this on a 8051 I think San
    disk had a spec up of what type of circuit there flash card expected
    to see when as it was being plugged in. The software interface was
    fairly straight forward as it was a EDIE protocol (lots of references
    for this on the web) or I think you could use their proprietary
    protocol if you wanted as well. If you already have the hardware
    developed and are looking exclusively for the actual file management
    software there are many you can purchase with support and like several
    people have pointed out here there are many open source versions as
    well.

    JE, Sep 20, 2008
  7. ssubbarayan

    cs_posting Guest

    I think that depends on how big a component of the overall task the
    flash file system is.

    If it's an order for fairly generic embedded controllers, I'd agree
    this is alarming.

    If it's an order for "machinery" requiring a lot of institutional
    expertise to get right,
    in which the addition of something with embedded flash is a relatively
    new requirement,
    it may still make sense to chose the vendor with longstanding
    knowledge of the real problem,
    and be patient while they get up to speed on this here newfangled
    software stuff.

    cs_posting, Sep 22, 2008
  8. ssubbarayan

    LittleAlex Guest

    I don't think it has anything to do with either.

    When the OP says "I googled web,but did not find anything relevant",
    and I find exactly what he's looking for by pressing Google's "I feel
    lucky" button, I question the OP's capabilities.

    LittleAlex, Sep 22, 2008