    82801ER, but when i instal the device driver CD, it detect the south bridge
    is 82801EB, not 82801ER, the IDE controller also the same. Is that normal?
    If not how to solve it?

    Stephen Yau, Oct 8, 2003

  2. Stephen Yau

    TomG Guest

    the question is, does this cause some sort of performance problem or device
    operation problem since it detected at EB instead of ER? is there some
    feature that is missing or not operational due to this?

    --

    Thomas Geery
    Network+ certified

    ftp://geerynet.d2g.com
    over 117,000 FTP users served!
    ^^^^^^^

    TomG, Oct 8, 2003

  3. There's nothing *wrong* with your board if that's what you mean.
    Set your BIOS appropriately. Turn the RAID function on. ;-)
    --

    Richard Hopkins
    Cardiff, Wales, United Kingdom

    Out with the old & in with the new at www.dabsxchange.com

    Richard Hopkins, Oct 8, 2003
  4. Only if the OP is trying to set up a RAID array on the controller. If it's
    configured as a standard IDE controller in the BIOS, it'll be pnp'd as an
    801EB, but performance from single disks will be identical to what they'd be
    if it was enumerated as an 801ER.
    Just the ability to use it as a RAID controller.

    Out with the old & in with the new at www.dabsxchange.com

    Richard Hopkins, Oct 9, 2003
  5. Stephen Yau

    TomG Guest

    ah! well, that would be pretty important to me. however, I am using mine
    as a raid controller with 2 SATA 120 gb Maxtor 8 MB cache drives on it and
    it is enumerated as an EB, not an ER. Raid works just fine for me and the
    Intel IAA-R installed and shows the array as a happy camper. don't know
    what to make of that...

    TomG, Oct 9, 2003
  6. Stephen Yau

    TomG Guest

    well, I deleted the controller and rebooted and let it get re-detected and I
    have the raid function enabled and in use and it still detects and displays
    as an EB.

    TomG, Oct 9, 2003
  7. It should appear in the RAID controllers section as an 801ER too. Are you
    sure it's not hiding in there? ;-)

    http://images.fotopic.net/?id=1402097&outx=600&oq=0

    Out with the old & in with the new at www.dabsxchange.com

    Richard Hopkins, Oct 9, 2003
  8. Stephen Yau

    TomG Guest

    ah, Richard... I should have known! sure enough, it is there as well...

    TomG, Oct 9, 2003