    with AGP 4X AGP slot as thats the best my motherboard can support.

    any help would be appreciated.

    thanks

    joe user, Jun 6, 2005

  2. joe user

    DaveW Guest

    8X video cards are ALL compatible with 4X motherboards.

    DaveW, Jun 7, 2005

  3. Yep and its his lucky day as that card can be unlocked, turning it into a
    6600 :)

    Sune Storgaard, Jun 7, 2005
  4. joe user

    joe user Guest

    Great...

    thanks for that info

    joe user, Jun 7, 2005

  5. Nvidia is shipping it's NV44A GPU for 6200 cards now. This
    chip doesn't use the HSI bridge, nor does it have the 4 inactive pipes
    as they have been removed. If your looking to unlock the extra pipes
    to turn it into a 6600, make sure your card has the HSI bridge as this
    would be a card with the older NV43 GPU.

    Larry Roberts, Jun 7, 2005
  6. joe user

    joe user Guest

    I'm not looking into overclocking or unlocking pipes. I'm just looking
    for a video card that is fast enough for viewing High Definition mpeg2
    and fanless. Since I'm not into games I was hoping that I wouldn't
    need to go to the nvidia 6600 which costs twice as much.

    joe user, Jun 7, 2005
  7. Well. I'd imagine the 6200 would be what you want. I'm not
    sure if it would make a difference in your situation, but be aware
    that there are lots of 64bit memory bus versions floating around with
    slow memory, but faster core speeds. A true 128bit 6200 has a 300Mhz
    core, and 8.8GB, or so memory bandwidth.
    However, I've been seeing 64bit cards with half the memory
    bandwidth, but 350Mhz, or 385Mhz core (Chaintech SA62AC, Asus N6200TD,
    and Leadtek A6200TDH).

    Larry Roberts, Jun 7, 2005
  8. Sharanga Dayananda, Jun 7, 2005
  9. joe user

    joe user Guest

    I'm not sure as I would be looking to do 1920x1080i . They don't list
    the 6200 or 6200A AGP cards for that matter.

    joe user, Jun 7, 2005