    my experience.

    Any insights would be appreciated.

    FF

    frequent_flyer, Feb 23, 2004

  2. charge fully then store in a normal room temperature or cooler, very cold is
    not nescesary.
    the batt will discharge while in storage, it is normal, charge it every now
    and then.
    so far nothing helps to prolong batts life (typical 2-3 years)

    Dennis Savatski, Feb 23, 2004

  3. Dennis,

    Thanks for the info!

    FF

    Frequent Flyer, Feb 23, 2004
  4. frequent_flyer

    Chris Allen Guest

    The Battery University says:

    --
    Keep batteries in a cool and dry storage area. Refrigeration
    is recommended but freezers should be avoided. When

    Do not fully charge lithium and nickel-based batteries before
    storage. Keep them partially charged and apply a full charge
    before use.

    Do not store lithium-ion fully depleted. If empty, charge
    for about 30 minutes before storage. Self-discharge on a
    depleted battery may cause the protection circuit to trip,
    preventing a recharge.
    --
    http://www.batteryuniversity.com/partone-19.htm

    BTW, check out the table of Recoverable Capacity after 1 Year
    of Storage, on that page. It clearly illustrates the negative
    effects on battery longevity of 1) a full charge; and 2) warm
    storage temperature.

    -Chris

    Chris Allen, Feb 23, 2004
  5. frequent_flyer

    John Guest

    Fully charge, then fully discharge, then recharge to 50%, remove and store
    in a plastic bag in your refrigerator.

    John, Feb 25, 2004