    I just want it to work and hopefully get my Athlon to the 3200 level.

    I was thinking of 2 Kingston 512MB PC3200 CL3 modules as I can get them
    pretty cheaply from work.

    ZigZag Master, Nov 25, 2003

  2. ZigZag Master

    Hippy Paul Guest

    reliably?

    quite possibly vcore as cpu will be overclocked...
    maybe vdim as memory will be overclocked
    and set cas (CL) to 3.0
    as you state your barton is unlocked you could always up the multiplier to
    make up for any shortfall in fsb speed, besides it may only be a few mhz
    short of 200mhz - you have to try it and see
    You do not *need* cas 2.5 it is just marginally faster at shunting data
    about and you can pay quite a premium for it, although it may oc further if
    you set it to cas 3.0

    Hippy Paul, Nov 26, 2003