    What would perform better for their system the 8500 or the 9000?

    Thanks
    Rick

    Rick Sweeney, Dec 27, 2003

  2. Rick Sweeney

    Skid Guest

    The 8500 is better. ATI RADEON 9000 / 9000 PRO have only one texturing unit
    per pipeline while ATI RADEON 8500 / 8500 LE boasts two of them, not to
    mention weaker T&L and vertex shaders units. ATI model numbers are
    confusing, but the 9000 is a step down from an 8500.

    Skid, Dec 27, 2003

  3. Rick Sweeney

    Rick Sweeney Guest

    Thanks for the information. I will replace the 9000 with the 8500.

    Thanks again
    Rick

    Rick Sweeney, Dec 27, 2003
  4. Rick Sweeney

    DaveW Guest

    The 8500 has a faster clock rate; the 9000 is DX9 capable for the newest
    games (the 8500 is NOT Dx9 capable).

    DaveW, Dec 28, 2003
  5. Rick Sweeney

    Darthy Guest

    As usual DAVE, you're wrong again.

    9000~9200 are DX8 cards that are "DX9" compatible as in the same way a
    GeForce 3 or 4 card are compatible.

    The 9000 will not do DX9 on the hardware level like the 9600se and
    andup... or the Fx5200 and up.

    Darthy, Dec 28, 2003
  6. Rick Sweeney

    J.Clarke Guest

    Dave, can't you get _anything_ right? No ATI board with a number lower
    than 9500 provides acceleration for DirectX 9. But all Radeon boards
    will run under DirectX 9. The 9000 is a crippled 8500, pure and simple.

    Would you do the world a favor and go over to the effing ATI web site
    and READ THE EFFING SPECIFICATIONS?

    J.Clarke, Dec 28, 2003
  7. Rick Sweeney

    Darthy Guest

    Dave is an Nvidiot.

    Darthy, Dec 29, 2003
  8. Rick Sweeney

    Skid Guest

    I believe the first two letters are unnecessarily confining. Based on the
    totality of his posts here, I doubt that a knowledge of video cards is
    Dave's only shortcoming.

    Skid, Dec 29, 2003
  9. Rick Sweeney

    Darthy Guest