Question Re:Catalyst Drivers and Catalyst Control Center

Discussion in 'ATI' started by LouisG, Jan 22, 2005.

  1. LouisG

    LouisG Guest

    I've tried installing the latest 5.1 Cat.drivers and the control center on
    my system running Xp Sp2 , ATI 9100SE 128mg , 512 mg ram , a Samsung 715V
    Lcd screen and for some reason i can't get it to work properly.

    The screen comes up , but doesn't fill up the screen ,, it shows up on the
    screen in full resolution ,,the highest,, but offset into the bottom corner
    of the monitor. The only way to view the desktop is to move the mouse fully
    right or left ,,i can't even move it far enough for me to see the taskbar.

    The control center comes up , but verrryyyy slowly ,,and i have to drag it
    around the screen to view all of it.

    If i re-install the older version of drivers and control panel ,everything
    goes back to normal ,, but it's the older control panel.

    Any suggestions as to why this is happening?? It says that they support my
    card.

    Thanks ,Gord

    LouisG, Jan 22, 2005

  2. LouisG

    NightSky 421 Guest

    From everything I've read, the Catalyst Control Center is still a steaming
    pile of dung. I wouldn't even bother with it and I don't get why ATI even
    released it yet given the amount of trouble users have had with it. That
    aside, I assume you have Microsoft .NET 1.1 installed, along with the
    Service Pack for .NET?

    NightSky 421, Jan 22, 2005

  3. LouisG

    LouisG Guest

    yes i do have it installed

    LouisG, Jan 22, 2005
  4. I was looking to see if I had the service pack and saw NET Framework Version
    2.0. Anybody try this for CCC issues?

    Blake Jashewski, Jan 22, 2005
  5. try just using the reset (factory adjust/auto adjust) on your monitor.

    I have an x800 in my amd 64 3200 2gh HP and net doesn't work. So I use the 5.1's with
    the control panel.

    my other PC x800 P4 3.2gh (intel homebuilt demon something) net works, so i use the 5.1
    with cat net control panel.

    ** you might check that your refresh rate is okay with video board and monitor.

    http://www.smokeypoint.com/My_PC.htm

    ** No Fate **

    cheers,
    Far Niente dracman
    Tomb Raider: Shotgun City
    http://www.smokeypoint.com/childrenspajamas.htm
    http://www.smokeypoint.com/My_PC.htm
    http://www.smokeypoint.com/tomb.htm

    The Missing Skins ! LL extreme Character CD
    http://www.smokeypoint.com/childrenspajamas.htm#jazzed

    no pixel blur patch for original Sims, LL, HP, Hot date, Vacation, Deluxe, Unleashed,
    Superstars, Makin' Magic
    http://www.smokeypoint.com/childrenspajamas.htm#tova

    Sim's Transporter (summons-er) for Superstars and Makin' Magic ! works everywhere !
    http://www.smokeypoint.com/childrenspajamas.htm#jam

    ** these next three 'hot fixes' from Deirdre Nox
    ** Makin' Magic addon: puts the 'female' walk back ! --
    ** Deluxe, Unleashed, Superstars addons: puts the 'female' walk back ! --
    ** { No Deluxe addition } Unleashed addition only! put the 'female' walk back ! --
    http://www.smokeypoint.com/childrenspajamas.htm#tova

    -=-=-
    SIMS links:
    See what happens when the Grim Reaper arrives at Old Town on the Trolley !
    http://www.smokeypoint.com/childrenspajamas.htm#savak
    Baz attempts to save Erica Raggs from the Grim Reaper !
    http://www.smokeypoint.org/bullride/begformercy.html
    Stacy as the Bull Rider
    http://www.smokeypoint.org/bullride/bullride.html
    Sim's at war !
    http://www.smokeypoint.com/smokeball.htm

    http://www.smokeypoint.com/simshires.htm
    http://www.smokeypoint.com/models.html
    http://www.smokeypoint.com/simshires2.htm
    http://www.smokeypoint.com/simshires3.htm

    -=-= Sim Character creation information =-=-=-=-
    http://www.smokeypoint.com/custompajamas.htm
    http://www.smokeypoint.com/LLskinsWARNINGS.htm
    http://www.smokeypoint.com/mysteriesSims.htm

    -=-=-

    ** Final Fantasy Online mega ingame Pictures ! **
    ** for those whom wonder about "whats it like anyway huh"

    http://www.smokeypoint.com/ffxionline/traod.html

    -=-=-

    ** GTA III vice City Character MOD
    http://www.smokeypoint.com/uzi.htm#gta3

    ** Far Cry with Valerie as the Adventuress **
    http://www.smokeypoint.org/farCry.htm

    ** Singles: Flirt UP Your Life AI and character MOD
    http://www.smokeypoint.com/childrenspajamas.htm#singles

    ** World of Warcraft adventuring North to Ironforge. Dwarf Airport Discovered
    http://www.smokeypoint.org/wow/worldofwarcraft.html

    :

    Dr Richard Cranium, Jan 23, 2005