Question Re Over/Underclocking a SuperMicro P6DBE

Discussion in 'Overclocking' started by Lew Robinson, Oct 27, 2006.

  1. Lew Robinson

    Lew Robinson Guest

    The P6D series has a 100MHz FSB and will take two PIIIs or PIIs.
    CPU/Bus ratios are set by four jumpers on the mainboard.
    The possible ratios range from 3 to 8.

    I want to install and run a matched pair of Intel PIIIs,Slot 1,
    933MHz/133MHz. Intel has locked their CPU/Bus ratios at 7.

    Several questions;
    1) What is a good choice for setting the CPU/Bus ratio
    with the four mainboard jumpers?

    2) Since Intel has locked in their 7 ratio, is the mainboard jumper
    configuration/choice irrelevant and ignored?

    3) Because 7 x 100MHz FSB=700MHz, will the PIIIs run
    at 700MHz instead of 933MHz? In other words Underclocked?

    4) What other problems/issues might occur with this approach?

    TIA for any advice, Lew R

    Lew Robinson, Oct 27, 2006