Question regarding Promise Raid Controller on K7N2 Delta-ILSR and KT6 Delta-FIS2R

Discussion in 'MSI' started by Guest, Sep 20, 2003.

  1. Guest

    Guest Guest

    Hi

    Are the Promise Raid Controllers on these boards capable of running two
    parallel Ata drives on the single Parallel Ata header.

    What I want to do is have two parallel drives on the raid controller(not set
    up as raid) and my DVD Drive on Ide1 and DVD Write on Ide3, is this possible
    with either of these boards.

    I have this setup on my Abit KX7-333 Raid board running Windows 98SE with
    the Highpoint 372 Controller.

    I have had experience with an Asus A7V8X Raid, which has the same Promise
    controller as the K7N2 Delta-ILSR, it would not accept more than one
    parallel drive and would not see the drive unless you setup raid.

    Will either of these boards do the job.

    Regards

    Guest, Sep 20, 2003

  2. Guest

    trog Guest

    You can only use one parallel ide drive for the raid on the k7n2 the other
    one or 2
    drives have to be serial.

    trog, Sep 20, 2003