    2.can i change the hdd a laptop like the hdd a Dektop`?
    3 Can someone me suggest a few brands ?

    Peace

    Rolland Tambou, Mar 1, 2008

  2. Rolland Tambou

    Todd H. Guest

    Generally, it'll be a 2.5" "laptop" hard drive. Whether it's SATA or
    parallel is one differentiator. Another is the physical height of the
    hard drive.

    The usual approach to this is look up the replacement part
    numbers/specs on your make/model (via ibm.com support and
    somewhere entering your 4 machine type/model XXXX-XXX somewhere
    and following the maze of docs to see what they suggest for a
    replacement. Then based on that you should know the height and
    interface of what's in there.

    Or easier still, look up the isntructions for popping the drive out
    (a couple screws on teh T series at least) and look at your current
    drive's model number and manufacturer and working from there.

    That it's 2.5" is a given, just figure out the interface it needs and
    the maximum height you can buy and go from there.

    Good luck!

    Best Regards,

    Todd H., Mar 2, 2008

  3. Rolland Tambou

    Don Guest

    Height for the HD is 93mm.

    Don, Mar 2, 2008
  4. I know all this Brands but i want to know if u have a experience with
    thinkpad and some hdd of this Brand
    my Laptop is a Thinkpad X31 Model 2672-fg2 i donĀ“t know wich HDDs he use

    i want to buy a HDD like this
    http://cgi.ebay.com/Samsung-HM250JI...ryZ42184QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

    but i dont know if the Latop is compatible

    Rolland Tambou, Mar 3, 2008
  5. Rolland Tambou

    John Navas Guest

    9.5 mm
    ^^^^^^

    John Navas, Mar 4, 2008
  6. Thankx for all

    but i have a Quetion
    what ist about the RAM?
    do u have a Prefference?
    i use currently a Elpida 512MB PC2700 and want to expand to 1050mb

    Peace

    Rolland Tambou, Mar 4, 2008
  7. Thankx for all
    but i have a Quetion
    is PATA/IDE = Ultra ATA/100?

    Rolland Tambou, Mar 4, 2008
  8. Rolland Tambou

    Patrick Guest

    Here is the 'Lenova' (Owners of IBM) Support page for Thinkad-X31;
    http://support.lenovo.com/en_US/detail.page?LegacyDocID=MIGR-46475

    It appears that you can upgrade the Memory to 2GB
    There are a lot of option/utiliies on that page, ie, how to change your
    HardDrive or any other hardware.

    Patrick, Mar 31, 2013
  9. You are replying to a question someone asked over 5 years ago!

    Anthony R. Gold, Mar 31, 2013
  10. Rolland Tambou

    Patrick Guest

    'Eternal September' Servers, are a bit groggy the last couple of days (or
    years).
    :)

    Patrick, Mar 31, 2013