Questions about 8hka+ cpu overclocking and cpu upgrade TIA

Discussion in 'Epox' started by Sonicmonkey, Jan 9, 2004.

  1. Sonicmonkey

    Sonicmonkey Guest

    1) If I go form a 1400xp to a 2400xp are there any jumper that I need
    to set? I have read the manual but it says nothing about it. Is it
    auto configure in the bios? Or would I have to change the CPU
    Multiplier and the System buss?

    2) On that note how would I over clock my current cpu? It was set to
    133 for the sys bus and auto to the cpu multiplier. I have it set at
    137 for the sys buss and 10.5 X multi and got a small gain. What is
    it relatively safe to go to on this chip(1400xp)? I have a Volcano 7
    for cooling the cpu.

    I guess my real question is what do the system buss and cpu
    multiplier do? If you have any links that can answer these questions
    please post so I can read up on it.

    Thanks
    Scott

    Sonicmonkey, Jan 9, 2004

  2. Sonicmonkey

    Sonicmonkey Guest

    Sorry it's a 1600xp

    Sonicmonkey, Jan 9, 2004

  3. Sonicmonkey

    Norbert Guest

    Sonicmonkey nous a écrit :
    You have nothing to do, except replacing the CPU :)
    When you go in the bios, set the multiplier on 'auto' and it will be OK.

    --
    Norbert. (no X for the answer)

    Norbert, Jan 9, 2004