    hibernated.

    Won't come back from hibernation when plugged into AC either.

    Does this sound like normal vista basic or Acer laptop behaviour.

    Elder, Apr 1, 2009

  2. Elder

    Elder Guest

    Sorry, typing faster than I can think on an unfamilar keyboard.
    When plugged into AC the laptop won't power on, but when on battery
    alone it will.

    I haven't tried trying to trick it by having the AC adaptor plug in the
    laptop but the actual adaptor out of the wall.

    Elder, Apr 1, 2009

  3. Elder

    carl.robson Guest

    Following up from work on google groups account.

    I think I may well be doing that.
    I have sorted out the hibernation issue, it does eventually hibernate
    properly, it just seems to take longer than normal because the screen
    is black, rather than the XP hibernation warning/progress screen I'm
    used to.

    I'm waiting for a reply from the vendor's email support service (Item
    was bought on line, but collected direct from one of the branches) for
    advice. I actually asked them for a way to get it power on, as it
    wouldn't, after the initial startup/setup and restart, because I
    didn't in any way figure that the AC power being connected would make
    any difference to whether the laptop would start (other than being
    necessary if battery flat).

    carl.robson, Apr 2, 2009
  4. Elder

    carl.robson Guest

    Taken back today, now posting from google groups on an old Compaq P3
    1GHZ SFF machine that sits in the corner running XP and doing various
    network and web crap for me.

    As it was the collection desk of an online company, they couldn't swap
    it out, they had to refund and I needed to order online again to get
    the various discounts/cashbacks I had used previously, otherwise it
    would have worked out about £45GBP dearer.

    carl.robson, Apr 4, 2009