    Is it worthwhile installing PC Probe?
    Thanks much for any info.

    Gary

    algae, Dec 8, 2003

  2. algae

    Ed Guest

    From what I've read here I would use the Nvidia LAN and disable the 3COM
    if not needed.
    166 MHz

    It
    Run something like CPU-Z and check the CPU MHz, the BIOS can get fooled
    and display the wrong numbers with certain settings.

    Barton 2500+ runs at 1833MHz. (166 x 11.0)
    Only beef I have with it is it reports the CPU temp taken from the CPU
    socket and not the CPU on-die thermal diode, so add about 10C.

    Motherboard Monitor 5 is free, it can read the CPU die temp also when
    set to W83L785T-S Diode, or somethin like that.
    Ed

    Ed, Dec 8, 2003

  3. algae

    algae Guest

    Thanks Ed.
    Gary

    algae, Dec 8, 2003
  4. algae

    Doug Ramage Guest

    The dx does not have on board video. Depending on your sound card,
    Soundstorm may well be superior to your card.

    Barton XP2500 clocks at 1.833Ghz - 166FSB*11. But if your RAM is PC3200 (or
    faster), a higher FSB with a lower multiplier (unless your Barton is locked,
    as some of the new ones are) could be better - it is best to run the memory
    and cpu in sync.

    Doug Ramage, Dec 8, 2003
  6. algae

    algae Guest

    Doug that is a good point. My memory is PC3200 Dual Channel and it is
    running at 200 MHZ. So I should set the CPU frequency at 200 Mhz also?
    G.

    algae, Dec 8, 2003
  7. algae

    Kyle Brant Guest

    I suspect your memory is DDR (double-data-rate) but to achieve dual
    channel operation, 2 sticks of memory are required.

    --
    Best regards,
    Kyle

    Kyle Brant, Dec 8, 2003
  8. algae

    Doug Ramage Guest

    Yes, if you can. Not all Bartons will run at 200FSB. But 200*9 should be
    quicker than 166*11.

    You may be able to get more than 200*9, but you will then be into
    overclocking territory - which is a different ball-game.

    Doug Ramage, Dec 8, 2003
  9. algae

    algae Guest

    Yes its DDR...2 sticks of OCZ PC3200 DDR Dual Channel. One in slot 1 and one
    in slot3.
    Gary

    algae, Dec 9, 2003
  10. algae

    Ben Pope Guest

    I think Kyle was saying that there is no such things as "Dual Channel"
    memory. The chipset has Dual Channel, to utilise it you need two or more
    DIMMs.

    Ben

    Ben Pope, Dec 9, 2003