    locks up. Now this didnt use to happen, and I have already tried using the
    older drivers... Formating, Hell I even instaled some extra cooling. Anyone
    have any more ideals?

    Delusions, Jun 25, 2003

  2. Delusions

    Ben Myers Guest

    First, you should be able to disable the on-board video card simply by
    installing another card, probably PCI. At least, that's the way well-behaved
    motherboards work. Whether or not the motherboard in your HP is well-behaved
    remains to be seen.

    Second, where did the i810 video drivers come from? The latest, greatest, and
    most defect-free are on the Intel web site. There is no difference between the
    i810 chipset between Intel's own and other manufacturer's motherboards.

    .... Ben Myers

    Ben Myers, Jun 26, 2003

  3. Delusions

    Daibidh Guest

    In regards to disabling i810, you have probably already seen this but just
    in case:

    http://h20015.www2.hp.com/en/document.jhtml?lc=en&docName=bph06273

    Regarding your problem with hardware "emulation," I am not too sure what
    that is. Do you mean "acceleration?" If your hardware is not damaged more
    than likely it is a problem with your OS and/or drivers. Here is a link to
    Intel's latest drivers.

    http://downloadfinder.intel.com/scripts-df/Product_Filter.asp?ProductID=798

    Hope this helped,

    Dave

    ~ "May the peace, mercy and blessings of Allah be upon you."

    Daibidh, Jun 26, 2003