    they're really, in fact, just re-labeled MS drivers. Is this true?

    3) What is the normal chipset voltage for the NF7-S?

    Thanks in advance.

    Tim, Jun 23, 2004

  2. Tim

    BigBadger Guest

    The new nforce drivers are worth installing but DON'T choose to install the
    nvidia IDE driver (it asks you the question half way through the install,
    just say 'NO')...it's full of bugs.

    The NF7-S default chip-set voltage is 1.6V

    BigBadger, Jun 23, 2004

  3. Tim

    Rusty Guest

    I have recently installed the 3.13 on my NF7-S and have had no problems
    including the Nvidia IDE driver.
    I have a Seagate 40GB EIDE 7200 ATA100 hard drive, Acer 24x10x40 CDRW, and
    Liteon 48x LTN483 and they all work very good with the new Nvidia IDE
    driver.
    The video card also works will with the new drivers, Evga 5900SE video
    driver v6132.
    If you plan to use a SATA drive I have read some of the forums where some
    people are having problems.
    The problems seem to be with the older SATA abit drivers and the older bios
    versions.
    I an using a 3rd party bios for the NF7-S, D22A1BK-R2-4247, which is basical
    the v22 bios from abit with some tweaks that allow you to use the 10.5
    muliplier.
    If you are interested do a google search for "D22A1BK ABIT BIOS".
    The third party bios allowed me to get 1900 mhz out of my AMD1700+ with A
    core stepping (680).
    Before the new bios my max was 1850 mhz.
    I could go higher with better memory but the DDR2100 will only OC to 183 mhz
    (2.7v, 3 3 3 11).
    I plan on getting a 2600+ barton mobil with some good quality DDR 400 or 433
    ram so I can take full advantage of the GF5900 video card.

    Rusty, Jun 24, 2004
  4. Tim

    Rusty Guest

    You can install over the existing drivers, but most people will recommend
    that you unistall first.
    I uninstalled the Nforce MB drivers before I installed the new 3.13 as I
    have problems in the past installing over the older Nvidia MB drivers.
    It would be a good ideal to at create a image of you HD before you mess with
    the system drivers though and be sure not to have your system OC when you
    install any new drivers including the video card drivers.

    Rusty, Jun 24, 2004
  5. Tim

    Rusty Guest

    Normal Default Chip Set Voltage is 1.6v

    Rusty, Jun 24, 2004
  6. Tim

    BigBadger Guest

    3.13 is an old version. the latest are 4.24...This is the version that (for
    me) has problems with the IDE driver, but there are improvements elsewhere.

    BigBadger, Jun 24, 2004
  7. elsewhere.

    Hi,
    I finally got around to testing the new nVidia 4.24's nForce2 drivers on my
    Cousins NF7-S/2500+ build (complete rebuild/re-format), and they work
    great!. I didn't install the IDE drivers (although thesenew ones *may* work
    fine?). The nVidia mixer app has changed but apart from that I didn't
    notice any difference.

    Wayne Youngman, Jun 24, 2004
  8. Tim

    Rusty Guest

    My mistake they are the 4.24v Nforce drivers. I forgot that nvidia renamed
    the file sequence to NVIDIAWindows2000XPnForceDrivers.exe. I looked in my
    driver folder and saw that the last Nvidia sequence was
    nForce_3.13_WinXP2K_WHQL_english.exe and did not look at the date.
    Sorry, I will be more careful next time. Thanks.

    I also had problems with the 3.13 IDE drivers with my CD and CD-RW but that
    seems to been corrected with 4.24v. Had to look at my notes on what drivers
    worked with what.

    I guess I should del the last four or five version. I have six versions of
    the Nforce drivers dating back to June of 2003 guess I need to del a few.
    Gets a little confusing with so many nvidia video and nforce driver
    releases.

    Rusty, Jun 25, 2004