Quick laptop memory chip compatibility question -- should be easy

Discussion in 'Laptops' started by magicianstalk, Aug 17, 2004.

  1. Hey all,

    I have a quick question. I have an extra 256mb chip for my HP
    Pavillion zt1175. According to the chip, it's "256mb of DDR 266mhz
    PC2100". I have a friend who has a IBM ThinkPad T21. It looks like
    the IBM takes sdram I just wanted to know if there is any way that my
    memory will work in his laptop (as far as compatibilty goes). . I
    looked at several websites, but I don't know about any backward
    compatibility issues, or anything like that.....it gets comfusing.
    Here are a few links that may help:

    Memory specs for HP zt1175:
    http://reviews.cnet.com/HP_Pavilion_ZT1175/4507-3121_7-9770888.html?tag=dir

    Memory specs for IBM ThinkPad T21: