    about any video card do this as long as you have a DV input? And
    lastly, if this insn't answered by the previous questions, what is the
    purpose of this chip?

    SurLyN, Jan 22, 2005

  2. SurLyN

    John Russell Guest

    Not all cards support VIVO, or should I say the VI part. Video in is not
    part of the ATI GPU and needs the extra chip.

    John Russell, Jan 22, 2005

  3. SurLyN

    J. Clarke Guest

    The Rage Theater chip has nothing to do with DV capture. Its functions all
    related to analog video.

    Do not get a video board with DV input, on AGP boards it doesn't work
    reliably and if there are any PCI Express video boards with DV input then
    they are too new in the market to be sure that it will work well--instead
    get a PCI board with Firewire if your machine doesn't have Firewire on the
    motherboard.

    J. Clarke, Jan 22, 2005