    I'm running a bare bones system.
    Could bad RAM cause this
    Thanks.

    eddie, Jul 25, 2003

  2. eddie

    edde Guest

    Give examples of it being slow (ie, video games, browsing, minimizing
    windows, playing mp3's)

    edde, Jul 25, 2003

  3. eddie

    Egil Solberg Guest

    My computer also has a tendency to be very slow from time to time (WinXp
    SP1), especially when I fool around too much with avi-movies and such.
    In my case, it´s tracked back to explorer.exe taking 100% CPU while at the
    same time eating more and more memory, eventually crashing.
    So I manually stop and restart explorer.exe and normal operation is resumed.
    Hope this helps.

    Egil Solberg, Jul 25, 2003
  4. you're due for your semi-annual re-install of XP....

    Caldwell, Jim [BVW:C000:EXCH], Jul 25, 2003
  5. eddie

    Egil Solberg Guest

    no, have just done it. Guess it has something to do with dc++. Annoying
    nevertheless.

    Egil Solberg, Jul 28, 2003