    version 5. (Whatever came with OSX 10.3 Now quick time pro is gone. I
    think it is because I accepted their update. can I revert back?

    Mike

    mail2mes, Jun 13, 2005

  2. mail2mes

    k9660r Guest

    Yes, Apple does have the the earlier versions (pre- v7) on their site.
    I made the same mistake and I just wasn't ready to fork out another
    $30. for pro, especially since I just donated $130. to Apple for Tiger,
    that I cannot use because it does not recognize my Belkin PCI Ethernet.
    Had to revert back to my trusty Panther. Lightning hit my built-in
    ethernet, can't use it.

    I love Apple, but damn them. If you are someone who uses third party
    apps, and hardware, you are taking a chance when doing the big upgrade.
    And it kills me that the buyer has no recourse except to pay a
    rediculous tech support fee, or hope that someone can help you on a
    discussion board. But that's not what this topic is about. Sorry to
    rant.....
    :)

    ken

    k9660r, Jun 14, 2005

  3. Yes. See: http://www.apple.com/quicktime/pro/faq.html

    Q. I want to use my QuickTime 6 Pro key, but I've installed QuickTime 7.
    What do I do?

    A. You'll need to run an older version of QuickTime. Previous versions
    of QuickTime are available in our Technical Support area.

    Go to: http://www.apple.com/support/quicktime/

    And get the QuickTime 6.5 re-installer.

    -Stephen

    Stephen M. Adams, Jun 14, 2005
  4. mail2mes

    mail2mes Guest

    mail2mes, Jun 14, 2005
  5. mail2mes

    Ilgaz Ocal Guest

    What makes me mad all the time is quicktime compatibility with OS X. It
    gotta be "latest" or 1 point before latest.

    I mean Quicktime 7 preview works on windows 2000 with all updates :)
    For mac only people: It really shipped in year 2000 :)

    Ilgaz

    Ilgaz Ocal, Jun 14, 2005