    fans that are both quiet and also do a decent job of cooling the CPU. How
    noisy is the stock cooler? Power supply recommendations would alos be
    appreciated, I'm leaning towards an Enermax 470W Noisetaker.

    General Schvantzkoph, Mar 7, 2004

  2. General Schvantzkoph

    Wes Newell Guest

    Might try the AMD 64bit newsgroup.
    alt.comp.hardware.amd.x86-64
    If it's not on your news server, ask them to add it.

    Wes Newell, Mar 7, 2004

  3. I have an A64 3200, which should have the same stock cooler as the Opteron.
    It is actually pretty good. It runs in the 3500 rpm range, not sure about
    how many CFM it pushes. I can say that my system has fans which are more
    noisy than the CPUs.

    Besides if AMD gives it the "good enuff" stamp is should be alright.

    Eric A. Johnson, Mar 7, 2004
  4. I have asked them to add it, hopefully they'll do it.

    General Schvantzkoph, Mar 7, 2004