    place of the standard ones that come with the CPUs. Bear in mind that
    because of the motherboard layout, some options do not fit properly (I
    already had to return some fans because of this issue).

    Victor A. Cuya, Jul 25, 2004

  2. Victor A. Cuya

    Dr Ratt Guest

    try hsf units where the fan is shrouded in plastic
    also bear in mind that large fans spin slower than small fans to move the
    same volume of air and will be quieter as a result
    quietpc.com is a good place to start looking as they also sell acoustic
    enclosures for hdds
    dr ratt

    Dr Ratt, Jul 26, 2004

  3. Hi Victor,
    On my S2468UGNs the "old" Thermalright AX-7 coolers fit exactly:
    http://www.thermalright.com/a_page/main_product_ax7.htm
    Due to board-layout changes and varying component-sizes this might not
    work in some cases.

    The standard-fan (if any) must be replaced with a silent tc-fan. For
    2000-MPs (and less) the following should do the job:
    http://www.arctic-cooling.com/en/products/fan_pro_tc/

    I used Papst-fans with rubber-dampers and a discrete temp-control-unit:
    http://www.th-privat.de/htm/k7mpx4.html

    regards, Thomas

    Thomas Haindl, Jul 26, 2004