    I have one 80 M in rear of case, 60 M in front, cpu fan and enermax energy
    supply.

    Any suggestions?

    SL, Oct 10, 2004

  2. SL

    Kokoro Guest

    In alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.abit, SL ordered an army of hamsters to
    type:

    you already have the right idea by looking at changing the fans. Several
    psu makers now offer quiet(er) power supplies. If your machine draws less
    than 350W it is possible to get a passively cooled psu.

    The 60m fan probably isnt needed, and will be safe to disconnect, as the 80
    will draw air through the case. Quiet 80mm fans can be found easily enough
    from manufacturers like vantec, thermaltake, and zalman. You can also find
    quiet CPU heatsink and fans from these same manufacturers.

    There are a few passively cooled, and fase graphics cards around
    http://www.sapphiretech.com/vga/9800proult.asp unless you use the onboard
    graphics. You mention you have an NF7-M. The mobo has a fan also. you can
    easily replace this with a passive cooler. Zalman make several good
    passive northbridge coolers.

    Look around at your local stores to see what is available. Consider buying
    online. Imagine, if you only had two fans in your machine, two quiet 80mm,
    one for the cpu and one for the case, just how quiet it would be. Im a bit
    jealous.

    Kokoro, Oct 10, 2004

  3. SL

    texterted Guest

    Run your case fans off 5v instead of 12v?
    hth
    Ted

    texterted, Oct 10, 2004