    something?

    Thanks!

    Werner

    Driekes, Aug 12, 2004

  2. Driekes

    ftran999 Guest

    P4P800
    I'm not sure what you mean by connecting the chassis fan to a MB. The
    chassis or case fans should be connected to the one of the 4 pin connectors
    from the power supply.
    I believe that the 3pin chassis fan header is only to monitor fan speed not
    to provide any adjustments. If you want to control chassis fan speed you
    should check to see if your pc case has such the capability. For example my
    Antec case has a feature that when connected to the connectors marked "fan
    only" will automatically regulate the rotation of the fans depending on the
    demands. I have my two rear fans connected this way and they are
    realatively quite. I have a third fan, blowing directly on my video card,
    that is connected to a regular connector and is somewhat more noisy.

    ftran999, Aug 12, 2004

  3. Driekes

    Driekes Guest

    Yes okay, but the strange thing is that al hp desktops (and ml310 330
    servers) have this feature on the mainboard. And the mainboard is also from
    Asus (or MSI). It looks the same, just a simple 3 pin connector wich says
    "chassis fan" and there is a fan connected to it. The difference is that
    there is no 12v but 5v on the pins.

    Most cases I use (Enlight) have rear-fans but I don't use them because of
    the noise..

    Driekes, Aug 12, 2004
  4. Driekes

    sam.vanratt Guest

    Hi
    ASUS calls that Q-FAN tech. the reg is done by the reg. "12V" pin
    which varies from 7-12V (on my P4C800)
    Cheers
    Sam

    sam.vanratt, Aug 13, 2004
  5. Driekes

    Driekes Guest

    Sam,

    I thought that the Q-Fan function only works on teh CPU-FAN header?

    Driekes

    Driekes, Aug 13, 2004
  6. Driekes

    Ken Guest

    yes.

    Ken, Aug 15, 2004
  7. Driekes

    Driekes Guest

    Found out in the last Asusworld magazine:

    Q-Fan2 also regulates the chassis fan, only on the newest deluxe boards. I
    don't understand why it toke so long..

    Driekes, Aug 15, 2004