    the fan face very close to but not quite touching the case so it moves air thru
    the case instead of recirculating it.

    Visit your tire dealer for used inner tubes, the bigger variety the better.

    mark7, Dec 27, 2003

  2. mark7

    cadull Guest

    Good idea. To reduce recirculation you could wrap the fan with 2 layers of
    rubber. Overhang the inner layer a little on the case side to act as a
    buffer against the case and only hook the outer layer on the bolts. If this
    inner layer touches the side, it may produce a little more noise - would
    have to test it.

    cadull

    cadull, Jan 2, 2004

  3. mark7

    Jim Kent Guest

    Useful idea, but not-so-good implementation. Rubber bands have
    miserable durability especially when exposed to warm moving air as
    they would be here. You should probably look for a more durable
    elastomer (neoprene or silicone), or use small springs. Unless you
    change these out every comple of months, you may find your fan
    free-falling onto some expensive hardware at some inconvenient time.

    Jim Kent, Jan 5, 2004