    "Look not to the windmill's turning while the ant still burrows." --unknown
    /\___/\ Phil./Ant @ http://antfarm.ma.cx (Personal Web Site)
    | |o o| |

    Ant, Feb 22, 2011

  2. Ant

    Jim Guest

    Doesn't help that that AMD killed the ATI name.

    Jim, Feb 22, 2011

  3. Ant

    Ant Guest

    So, should we postin AMD newsgroup then even though they are for CPUs
    and motherboards/mobos.? :( Someone should start a new general AMD
    newsgroup.

    Ant, Feb 22, 2011
  4. Ant

    Gorby Guest

    I still keep looking here. Still believe I get way better performance,
    and price, out of ati/amd cards.

    [OT]

    I'm thinking of building my next PC with an AMD CPU. I've been using
    Intel since they came out with the Core CPUs. The latest games don't
    need Core i7s. Windows 7 needs less resources than Vista. Smartphones
    will get developers writing efficient code (I hope this will then lead
    to more efficient code in Windows). Most Linux distros don't use many
    resources. The most noticeable speed increase I have had was when I
    started using a SSD as my boot device.

    I haven't been subscribing to any Intel forums, but may very well have a
    look at the AMD one.

    cheers

    Gorby, Feb 23, 2011