    You might have to look into a new power supply too for a really quiet
    computer. Also a new hard drive possibly.

    www.silentpcreview.com

    DCstewieG, Oct 14, 2003

  2. Paul

    Harry Guest

    Tinted Windows on a Morris Maxi !!! :eek:)

    Harry, Oct 14, 2003

  3. Paul

    Harry Guest

    Cheaper in the UK ! That has made my day, I have always wondered why
    the Yanks have things so cheap (petrol, electronics etc).

    :eek:)

    Harry, Oct 14, 2003
  4. Paul

    rstlne Guest

    Cheaper in the UK ! That has made my day, I have always wondered why

    (2.175p/kWh)gbp
    vs
    (5.6c/kWh) (pre adjustment), (.001c/kWh) (street lighting), (3.78c/kWh)
    (fuel adjustment) (9.38c/kWh total)

    so that's nearly 3.5 time higher.. Then we also had other fee's on top of
    that.. 7$ pm for the street light itself.. Then I seem to remember 2 or 3
    other adjustments..

    rstlne, Oct 15, 2003
  5. Go for the Gold! Thermalright SLK-800 or 900 with a Vantec Stealth fan.
    Cool and quiet as can be....without the expense of water cooling.

    The TweakOholic, Oct 15, 2003
  6. Paul

    Ric Guest

    on that one? zalman flower and you might even be able to ditch the fan
    alltogether.

    Ric, Oct 16, 2003
  7. Zalman's socket-A compatible revision of its impressive
    7000Alcu would be a very good choice. Visit their site
    at http://www.zalman.co.kr/english/intro.htm to check
    whether it will fit your motherboard, though..

    Another good option would be Thermaltake's "Silent Boost"
    heatsink. It utilizes a slightly alterated version of Panaflo's very
    quiet 80mm L1A fan, and it should reduce the noise in your
    computer quite nicely..

    While we're at it, www.silentpcreview.com is a very qualitative
    site with advice, reviews, and recommendations on silent computing.
    So I'd recommend it wholeheartedly for your future PC-silencing
    ventures..

    Christos Stamos, Oct 19, 2003