    The first DX10.1 supported board out the door. A 512mb board due in about a
    month for about $20-30 more.

    William

    William, Nov 15, 2007

  2. William

    Shawk Guest

    The 3870 hit the shelves today and has been the subject of numerous reviews.

    Shawk, Nov 15, 2007

  3. William

    Red Cloud Guest

    What's the special about DX10.1 and the new fastest Video board?

    Red Cloud, Nov 16, 2007
  4. William

    William Guest

    In a word - Games.

    Faster, prettier, more immersive, virtual worlds. Wow - zow - eye popping
    fun.

    This is the art of bringing computer generated visuals closer to what the
    human eye expects from reality. Used in medical research,
    flight/auto/submarine/etc simulation and training, outer-space flight, all
    forms of scientific research and more. Virtual Reality.

    What cost millions of dollars just a few years ago can now be had on a
    consumer's desk top computer today for little investment. The line between
    reality and simulation is evaporating quickly. All we need now is to add
    feel-a-vision and smell-a-vision and we will be all set.

    William

    William, Nov 16, 2007
  5. William

    First of One Guest